CPC30911 – Certificate III in Scaffolding
This qualification was developed in response to feedback received by HiSkill from industry leaders including BHP, Rio Tinto, Chevron, Woodside and Bechtel. The Certificate III in Scaffolding provides participants with the knowledge and skills to safely and efficiently perform scaffolding works, from basic level to advanced, in the construction or mining industries.
The course is intended for persons with or without prior Scaffolding experience, wanting to earn a nationally recognised qualification in scaffolding. The qualification is based on the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work and, in its current form, meets state and territory licensing requirements.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in 13 units of competency (9 core units and 4 elective units) as follows.
The course delivery mode will include:
- Classroom theory covering underpinning knowledge
- Practical activities undertaken at HiSkill’s purpose built facility
- Knowledge and skills development through on the job training under the supervision of appropriately qualified and authorised personnel.**
**This qualification may be available as an Australian Apprenticeship.
The qualification is to be undertaken over 18 months with a proposed training schedule as follows:
Recognition of prior learning may be accepted and offered in this course, based on:
- Verification of Competency (Worksite/Supervisor Testimonial, Logbook)
- Practical skills assessment at HiSkill
- Theory assessment.