Certificate III in Scaffolding (CPC30911)
HiSkill as an accredited Registered Training Provider is licensed to deliver qualifications in Certificate III Scaffolding (CPC30911). HiSkill will work with employers to design courses that align with organisational policies and HSEQ requirements whilst ensuring the integrity and course content of the training package is maintained.
PRE REQUISITES: There are no pre-requisites for this qualification other than any listed in the individual units of competency and any licensing/regulatory requirements. Participants are required to have an acceptable level of math and English due to a high level of technical terminology and required mathematical calculations. Before undertaking this qualification, individuals will be assessed for their level of Language, Literacy and Numeracy and any special needs.
ATTENDEES: This course is intended for persons with or without prior scaffolding experience, wanting to earn a nationally recognised qualification in scaffolding.
OBJECTIVES: To give participants a range of knowledge and skills to safely and efficiently perform scaffolding works, from basic level to advanced, in industry. Successful completion of this qualification will provide students with the skills and knowledge to undertake scaffolding up to advanced level and to hold a High Risk Work Licence (HRWL).
TRAINING CONTRACT: This qualification is available as an 18 month training contract. Training contracts are a contract between the employer, the employee, the RTO and the Department of Training and Workforce Development.
COURSE STRUCTURE: To achieve this qualification, the candidate must demonstrate competency in 13 units of competency comprising:
- 9 core units
- 4 elective
A maximum of one of the four required elective units may be substituted by selecting relevant units of competency from any Certificate III or IV construction qualification or qualification in another endorsed Training Package.
- CPCCCM1002A – Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A – Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A – Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A – Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCOHS2001A – Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCOHS2001A – Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCSC2001A – Safely handle and use scaffolding tools and equipment (Pre-requisite: CPCCOHS2001A)
- CPCCLSF2001A – Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level (Pre-requisite: CPCCLSF2001A)
- CPCCLSF3001A – Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level
- CPCCCM2010 – Work safely on scaffolding higher than two metres
- CPCCSC2002A – Erect and dismantle basic scaffolding (Pre-requisite: CPCCOHS2001A)
- CPCCSC3001A – Erect and dismantle intermediate scaffolding (Pre-requisite: CPCCOHS2001A, CPCCSC2002A)
- CPCCLSF4001A – Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding advanced level (Pre-requisite: CPCCSC3001A)
DELIVERY MODE: Training delivery at the HiSkill facility shall be undertaken by Trainer Assessors who meet the requirements of the training package and relevant national Standards.
Due to the nature of the training subject and the required outcome, practical delivery and skills development is a critical delivery mode. Whilst this course shall include a theory based component in order to provide participants with the foundational education, practical skills development is necessary for the participant to gain an in-depth understanding of scaffolding and requirements and limitations surrounding it.
Therefore, in addition, to training at the HiSkill facility, participants are required to develop their skills and knowledge throughout the qualification by working in industry under the supervision of appropriately qualified and authorised personnel.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING: Recognition of prior learning may be accepted and offered in this course.
ASSESSMENTS: After being educated and provided the opportunity to learn and develop their skills, participants will undergo both theory and practical assessments that covers the required course knowledge and skills. In order to be deemed competent, participants must answer 100% of critical questions correctly in the theory based assessment, without assistance from the Trainer Assessor.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with:
- CPC30911 Certificate III in Scaffolding
- High Risk License’s class SB, SI, DG and LF (depending units picked)